Franklin Elementary is one of the oldest schools in the district, first being opened in 1914. In 1947, the original structure was no longer suitable to house the school, so Franklin was rebuilt later that year. The Community celebrated Franklin’s 100 year anniversary in 2014. Throughout the years, the goal has always been the same: to equip teachers with the best available resources, and provide students the highest quality education to prepare them for high school, college and beyond.
Franklin School, 1950’s.
Franklin students, 1953.
School circa 1970’s.
Teacher giving instruction to a small group of students, 1998.
Cheerleaders posing for a group photo, 1998.